Felix Baumgartner isn’t the only person that can head into space – now you can too! Handyman Studios and Reverb Publishing announced today that their stellar upcoming 2D sandbox Edge of Space is now available for pre-order from Rain Digital Games (http://www.raindg.com/title/edge-space) and will be coming soon to other digital distribution platforms. For just $9.99, gamers everywhere can download the early beta (but FULL) version of the game and start exploring, crafting items and interacting with other early adopters. Pre-order now at this early price, as the cost will increase upon launch!
Edge of Space is an open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox game set in an area of deep space where humans have never wanted, or were ever meant to, travel. The entire game was built from the ground-up with multiplayer in mind, and the reactive environments ensure that all activities (crafting, building, setting traps, healing, etc.) are fast-paced and intense. Other features of Edge of Space include:
- Vaulted server-stored characters
- Mega-deep exploration elements and ultra-rare items to seek out to help you dominate your world
- A wide choice of vehicles, armors, weapons and variations of each to suit your method of play
- Hordes of enemies and epic bosses: Enemies that have unique attack patterns and different vulnerabilities to exploit. One weapon will not rule them all!
- Integrated IRC chat client grants gamers complete freedom to talk with friends, whether or not they’re currently in the game
- Deep crafting system unique to the genre
- Reactive environment: As you do things, the world will change and respond to those actions
- Co-op weapons: When used in tandem or combo-ing with your friends create unique effects
- Fully-modifiable world
- Do everything with your friends
- More to come…
Edge of Space has been submitted to Valve’s Steam Greenlight project (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92913728), which allows members of the Steam community to vote for games that they’d like to see available on the service. For more information on Steam Greenlight, please visit www.steamcommunity.com/greenlight. For more information on Edge of Space, visit the game’s official website: http://playedgeofspace.com/.
Edge of Space joins Reverb Publishing’s growing roster of titles, which includes the massively successful Dungeon Defenders, the recently released Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad and Ravaged, the upcoming Primal Carnage, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Black Knight Sword and much more. For more information about Reverb Publishing and its initiatives, please visit www.reverbpublishing.com.