SOE Live, the long running annual Sony Online Entertainment fan event, is currently in full swing at Bally’s Casino in Las Vegas. To kick off this year’s event, SOE President John Smedley shared several major announcements during the Thursday night keynote speech, including a new game unveil and the global launch date for PlanetSide 2, as well as a bevy of major game updates and new content announcements.
With announcements pouring out of SOE Live, we wanted to share the news highlights of the keynote. Please see below for all the major headlines:
- New MMO – Dragon’s Prophet – The Year of the Dragon continues as SOE announced its partnership with Runewaker Entertainment, the creator of Runes of Magic, to bring Dragon’s Prophet to North America.
- PlanetSide 2‘s Launch Date – Troops are set to deploy, and Empires will begin battling for control of Auraxis starting on November 20, 2012.
- DC Universe Online 6th DLC Pack – Start planning your defenses as customizable housing ‘Lairs’ are introduced into the game for the first time with Home Turf, the game’s next downloadable content (DLC) pack.
- EverQuest: Rain of Fear‘s Launch Date – Players can continue their Norrathian adventures with the game’s 19th expansion, set to launch November 28, 2012. For more info on the expansion, visit: www.everquest.com/expansions.
- EverQuest® II: Chains of Eternity‘s Launch Date – Prepare to explore new zones and dungeons November 13, 2012 with the game’s ninth expansion. For more info on the expansion, visit: www.everquest2.com/expansions.
- Wizardry Online Enters Beta – The hardcore fantasy MMO goes into beta on October 29. The meek need not apply. Full details can be found here: wizardrythegame.com. Trailer upon request.